About the Department
The Department of Psychology, the seventh Faculty of the University of Basle, was founded in 2003 at the start of the summer semester.
With the establishment of a separate Department, the university on the one hand strengthened the experimental-empirical and behavioral sciences focus of psychology in Basle and on the other created an environment that does justice to the steadily increasing number of students.
In recent years, the Department of Psychology has experienced growth above the University of Basle's average and at present has approximately 800 students.
- Dean: Prof. Dr. Roselind Lieb
- Managing Director: Jean-Jacques Jobin
- Dean of Student Affairs: Prof. Dr. Jens Gaab
- Deanery of Student Affairs
- Dean of Research: Prof. Dr. Dominique de Quervain
- Committees and Boards of Management
- Job vacancies